Coconut Lemongrass Roast Chicken Recipe
How about this fragrant Thai inspired roast chicken for your family dinner this Sunday? The sweet and nutty coconut milk infused with fragrant lemongrass, kaffir lime leaf, ginger and garlic makes this chicken an absolute winner!
- 1 Whole Chicken - butterflied
- Extra Virgin Avocado Oil
- 1 piece of Ginger - minced
- 1 red Onion - thinly sliced
- 1 tbsp Garlic & Chilli Sauce
- 1 tbsp Soy Sauce
- 1 can Coconut milk
- 2 Lemongrass stalks halved
- 4 Kaffir Lime Leaves
- 2 red Chilli - halved
- A drizzle of Manuka Creamed Honey
- A handful of Coriander
- Heat and eat Brown Rice
We cooked the chicken in a round casserole dish.
Serve with a glass of chilled Sauvignon Blanc.
- Preheat oven to 170°C.
- In a large heavy based pan over a medium heat, drizzle a little avocado oil. Cook the butterflied chicken, skin side down until golden and crispy. Remove from pan and set aside.
- In the same pan drizzle a little more avocado oil, fry off the onion and ginger until translucent and golden.
- Add the garlic and chilli sauce, soy sauce, coconut milk, kaffir lime leaves, lemongrass, honey and chilli. Bring to the boil. Add the chicken back into the pan. Coat the chicken in the coconut sauce.
- Transfer to the oven and roast for 1 hour making sure to baste the chicken with the sauce every 15 minutes.
- Garnish with fresh coriander and serve immediately with jasmine rice and a crisp glass of Sav!