Thick Banana, Honey & Ricotta Pancakes Recipe
Try these thick banana and ricotta pancakes that are fluffy on the inside, crispy on the outside and cooked with pure butter. Topped with more ricotta, raspberries and pistachio nuts drizzled with extra honey - simply irresistible!
- 1 ½ cups plain flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 2 bananas
- ½ cup golden sugar
- 4 eggs - separated
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 200g ricotta
- Extra ricotta for topping
- 1 punnet fresh raspberries
- 100g pistachios, chopped
- 4 tsp Vipers Bugloss Honey
- Butter for frying
We cooked these pancakes in a non-stick frying pan.
- To make the pancake batter, in a bowl, mash the banana with a fork. Add the egg yolks, sugar, buttermilk and ricotta. Mix well. Fold in the sifted flour and baking powder to combine.
- Whisk the egg whites until stiff peaks form and fold through the banana mixture.
- Over a medium heat, heat a large non-stick frying pan with a little butter. Once the butter has melted, cook 2 tablespoons of the mixture, in batches, for 2-3 minutes each side or until puffed and golden.
- Stack 4-5 pancakes on each plate. Top with extra ricotta, raspberries, pistachios and a drizzle of honey.