Fresh Calamari Salad Recipe
Fresh, light and quick, this easy seafood salad is a delightful al fresco supper to share with friends before going out for the night.
- 1 packet crumbed calamari
- Avocado cooking oil for shallow frying
- 2 bulbs baby fennel
- 2 baby cos lettuce
- A handful Italian parsley, chopped
- ¼ cup caper berries, drained
- ½ fresh red chilli, seeds removed and sliced
- 1 punnet of tomatoes
For the dressing
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 tsp wholegrain mustard
- ½ small red onion, sliced thinly
- 1 tbsp Kamahi Honey
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 3 tbsp Extra Virgin Avocado Oil
- Extra parsley to garnish
- Cook the calamari according to the packet instructions. Deep or shallow fry or cook in the oven. Set aside.
- Remove the base and cut the stalk from each fennel bulb. Halve the bulbs and remove the cores. Using a sharp knife, vegetable peeler or mandolin, shave the fennel into thin slices. Wash and separate the cos lettuce. Tear into bite size pieces. Drain well.
- In a small bowl, mix all the ingredients for the dressing. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Arrange the lettuce and fennel on a serving plate. Sprinkle with caper berries, parsley and chilli. Pour over the dressing. Top with calamari and garnish with some extra parsley.
We like to serve well chilled Sauvignon Blanc to accompany this tasty and fragrant Calamari Salad.