Ponzu Roast Salmon Recipe
This recipe from Bon Appetit will impress any lover of Asian food, with few ingredients but maximum flavour and beautiful colour.
- 2 small orange kumara, halved and cut into wedges
- 4 new potatoes, cut into rounds
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- A sprinkle of sea salt
- 350-450g skin-on salmon fillet
- 1 tbsp ginger, minced
- 1 garlic clove, finely chopped
- 3 tbsp lime juice
- 1 tbsp soy sauce
- ½ tsp Manuka & Wildflower Honey
- ¼ tsp toasted sesame oil
- 2 celery stalks, thinly sliced on an angle
- 1 pear, cut on an angle into chunky pieces
- 1 spring onion, sliced thinly
- Toasted sesame seeds
- Preheat oven to 190C. Coat potatoes and kumara with a drizzle of olive oil on a baking tray and season with salt. Arrange potatoes cut side down and roast until tender, 20-30 minutes.
- When potatoes are halfway done, coat salmon with 1 Tbsp of olive oil on another baking sheet tray and season with salt. Reduce the oven temperature to 165C, and roast salmon until just opaque in the center, around 14–16 minutes.
- To make the dressing, mix together the ginger, garlic, lime juice, soy sauce, honey, sesame oil, and remaining 2 Tbsp of olive oil. Season to taste.
- Break potatoes and salmon into large pieces. Divide potatoes, salmon, celery, and pear among plates. Drizzle with ponzu dressing, then top with spring onion and sesame seeds to serve.