BBQ Aubergine with Chilli Buttermilk & Herb Sauce
Our bbq aubergines are spicy and delightful. We love them as a summer side when we crank up the bbq.
- 2 aubergines
For The Mint, Coriander Sauce:
- 1/4 cup Chilli oil, plus extra for the BBQ
- ¼ cup mint, finely chopped
- ¼ cup coriander, finely chopped
- 2 tbsp Apple Cider Vinegar
- 1 tbsp Airborne Classic Manuka Multifloral Honey, melted
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
For The Dressing:
- ½ cup buttermilk
- ½ cup plain unsweetened yogurt
- 2 tbsp sriracha, or to taste
- ½ cup pomegranate seeds
- Extra Superb Herb Mint
- Preheat the barbecue grill to a medium heat.
- Cut the aubergines in half then deeply score with a sharp knife, making sure not to pierce the skin.
- Lather the aubergines with chilli avocado oil, salt and pepper, then lay the halved aubergines on the grill side of the bbq. You want to get both sides nice and charred. They may need finishing off in the oven for a little while, otherwise pop them up on the higher rack in the bbq to finish them off. You want them to be charred and crispy on the outside but squishy in the middle.
- For The Mint, Coriander Sauce: Whisk together all sauce ingredients in a bowl then season with salt.
- For The Dressing: Whisk all dressing ingredients together in a bowl.
- To Serve: top with dressing, herb sauce, pomegranate seeds and a sprinkle of fresh herbs.