Chicken Schnitzel with Zingy Zucchini & Green Bean Slaw
We’ve put a fresh spin on chicken schnitzel by using nuts in the crumb. Perfect for those on a low gluten diet. The zingy zucchini and green bean slaw is summery and light.
For the Schnitzel
- 4 Chicken Breasts
- Salt & Pepper
- 1 cup Flour
- 2 eggs
- 1 tbsp dijon mustard
- 1 cup panko crumbs
- 1 cup macadamia nuts
- Avocado Oil
- 2 tbsp butter
For the Salad
- 300g flat green beans, lightly steamed, trimmed and shredded
- 1 small zucchini, shredded
- 1 green chilli, thinly sliced
- ½ cup mint leaves, roughly chopped
- Sea salt and cracked black pepper
- Airborne Liquid Honey
- Avocado Oil
- 1 lemon, zest and juice
- 1 Lemon, sliced into wedges
- For the Schnitzel: Place 1 chicken breast at a time between two sheets of baking paper and bash with a rolling pin until you reach around a 2cm thickness. In a food processor blitz the hazelnuts until crumbed, then mix with panko crumbs. In bowl 1, add the flour. In bowl 2, whisk together eggs and dijon mustard. In bowl 3, add the panko and macadamia crumb. Dust the flattened chicken with lashings of salt and pepper, then dip in bowl 1, 2 and 3. Pop in the fridge to chill and rest for 20-30 minutes.
- For the Salad: In a bowl, mix together the green beans, zucchini, green chilli and mint. Season with salt and pepper, lemon juice and zest and drizzle with honey and oil.
- To cook the schnitzel: Melt a generous knob of butter and a drizzle of olive oil in a non stick pan over a medium heat. Fry the schnitzel roughly 4-5 minutes on each side until golden and cooked inside.
- Serve golden schnitzel alongside salad, mayo and some extra lemon wedges.