Crunchy Fried Gyoza With Spicy Dipping Sauce Recipe
Having mates over? Why not make these finger-licking deep fried gyozas with spicy dipping sauce! A cold Big Rig beer will be the perfect antidote to the spicy sauce.
- 1 packet Prawn and Chive Gyoza
- 1 packet Shiitake Gyoza
- 2 cups Avocado Cooking Oil
For the sauce:
- 1/3 cup water
- 3 tbsp fish sauce
- 3 tbsp rice vinegar
- 2 tbsp Rewarewa Honey
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 red chilli, finely chopped
- 1 spring onion, sliced
- 2 limes, juice only
- 1 tsp soy sauce
- 2 tbsp sesame seeds, toasted
- Big Rig beer
- Heat avocado cooking oil in a wok.
- Add a few gyoza to the hot oil, using chopsticks or tongs. Deep fry until golden, turning often. Remove and place on paper towels. Repeat to cook all gyoza. Sprinkle with sesame seeds.
- For the sauce: heat the water, fish sauce, soy sauce, rice vinegar and rewarewa honey in a saucepan over medium heat. Bring to just under the boil and whisk until the honey is fully dissolved.
- Take the sauce off the heat and add the garlic, chilli, spring onions and lime juice. Pour into a pottle and serve with the hot gyoza and glasses of cold Big Rig beer.