Leftover Christmas Ham, Prawn and Egg Fried Rice Recipe
Leftover Christmas ham is a winner in Asian inspired quick and easy meals. The ham works really well with soy and oyster sauce. Use pre cooked microwave rice for a really speedy meal.
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 2 tbsp Natural Avocado Oil
- 1 clove garlic, finely chopped
- 1 small cube fresh ginger, finely chopped
- 1 chilli - finely sliced
- 5-6 spring onions, chopped
- ½ cup cubed ham
- ½ cup prawns, defrosted
- ½ cup frozen peas
- 1 Family size (450g) microwave rice, heated
- 1 tbsp oyster sauce
- 1 tbsp soy sauce
- 2 tsp Honeydew Honey
- 1 tbsp toasted sesame oil
- Garnish (optional)
- 1 tbsp black sesame seeds
- Fresh coriander
- Heat the avocado oil in a wok until hot. Pour the beaten egg. Stir fry until almost set. Take the cooked egg out of the wok.
- In the same wok, add the sesame oil. Add the garlic and the ginger, stir fry until fragrant. Add the spring onions and stir fry for 1 minute. Next, add the prawns, the ham and the peas. Stir fry for 1 minute, until the prawns are just cooked.
- Add the rice to the wok. Stir fry for 30 seconds, then return the cooked egg to the wok. Stir fry for 2-3 minutes.
- Season with honey, soy sauce and oyster sauce.