Prawn Croquette, Watermelon & Mint Salad Recipe
Crispy on the outside, creamy and rich in the centre - these croquettes are a dream come true! Tossed in a salad of mint, chilli, baby leaf spinach, chunks of watermelon and a toasted sesame dressing - you can’t go wrong with this summer recipe!
- 1 box prawn croquettes
- Avocado Cooking Oil for deep frying the croquettes
For the salad
- 2 cups baby spinach leaves
- A handful of fresh mint
- 3 Spring onions, finely sliced
- 1 red chilli, deseeded and finely chopped
- 2 cups watermelon chunks, seeds removed
For the dressing
- Grated zest and juice of 1 lime
- 2 tsp Honeydew Honey
- 3 Tbsp Extra Virgin Avocado Oil
- 1 Tbsp sesame seeds, toasted
- Sea salt
- Freshly ground pepper
Serve with a crisp glass of Sauvignon Blanc or Riesling.
- Cook the prawn croquettes according to the packet instructions. Set aside.
- Combine baby spinach, watermelon, spring onion, mint and chilli in a mixing bowl. In another small bowl, mix all the dressing ingredients.
- Toss the salad with the dressing and arrange on a serving platter. Place prawn croquettes on top. Garnish with some extra mint and sesame seeds.
- Serve with a chilled glass of wine for a casual al fresco dinner with friends.