Summer Streaky Bacon & Asparagus Tart Recipe
Streaky caramelised bacon, ricotta and asparagus puff pastry tart with a dash of zesty, spicy goodness. The perfect rustic summer recipe for any garden party or picnic.
- Natural Avocado cooking oil
- 1 packet Streaky Bacon
- 1 roll (350g) Puff Pastry
- 1 bunch Asparagus - blanched and refreshed
- 1 cup ricotta
- 200g Goat Cheese
- 1 Lemon - zest grated
- 1 tsp Chilli Flakes
- A drizzle of Multifloral Honey
- A handful of Fresh Basil
- 1 free-range egg
- Preheat oven to 200°C. Line a baking tray with baking paper.
- Place the puff pastry on the baking tray. Using a small sharp knife, gently score a 2cm border around the edge of the pastry and prick the centre with a fork.
- Using a pastry brush (or your fingers if you don’t have one) brush the 2cm edge all the way round the rectangle with the beaten egg.
- Spread the centre square of the pasty with ricotta, lemon zest and chilli flakes leaving the border uncovered by the filling.
- Evenly but rustically place the blanched and refreshed asparagus on top of the ricotta mixture and ribbon the raw bacon strips in between. Dot with chunks of goats cheese. Drizzle with avocado cooking oil, honey and a few extra chilli flakes.
- Bake for 25-35 minutes until edges have risen and pastry and bacon is golden and crispy!
- Remove from the oven and garnish with fresh basil leaves.
Serving suggestion: Serve with a crisp glass of Pinot Gris