Tofu, Mango & Soba Noodle Salad
Make our tofu, mango & soba noodle salad for a summer lunch, picnic meal, or light dinner. We love the fresh flavours combined with juicy sweet mango. Soba noodles are made from buckwheat, and sometimes wheat flour, and are easily found in the Japanese section in most supermarkets.
- 1 block firm tofu, cut into 1.5cm cubes
- Sesame oil, for frying
- 250g soba noodles, cooked
- ½ red onion, thinly sliced
- 1 large mango, cut into strips
- ½ red capsicum, cut into thin strips
- 1 small courgette, spiralized
- ⅓ cup roast unsalted cashews
- Handful thai basil and coriander, roughly chopped
For The Dressing:
- 1/4 cup rice wine vinegar
- 2 tbsp Airborne Liquid Honey, or to taste
- 1 tsp sesame oil
- 1 tbsp soy sauce
- 1 lime, zest and juice
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- ½ red chilli, finely chopped
- In a non-stick frying pan shallow fry the tofu in sesame oil until golden, about 3 minutes each side. Remove with tongs and lay on a plate covered in kitchen towel.
- For The Dressing: Whisk all ingredients until combined. Season to taste.
- To Assemble: Toss all ingredients in a large bowl to combine. Let sit for 10 minutes so the flavours infuse then garnish with extra herbs and cashews. Yum!