Crab Cakes with Fennel, Artichoke and Broad Bean salad Recipe
The combination of fennel, artichoke and broad beans accompanied with crab cakes, fresh shavings of parmesan and a zesty dressing is a winner.
- 1 box crab cakes
- Cooking oil for shallow frying
- 4 baby fennel bulbs
- A jar of marinated artichoke hearts, drained
- 1 cup fresh/frozen broad beans, shelled and peeled
- 1/4 cup fresh dill, chopped
For the dressing
- 2 tsp Tawari Honey
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 2 Tbsp Extra Virgin Avocado Oil
- Sea salt
- Black Pepper
- ½ cup shaved parmesan cheese
- Deep fry the crab cakes. Drain excess oil on kitchen towel. Set aside.
- Remove the base and cut the stalk from each fennel bulb. Halve the bulbs and remove the cores. Using a sharp knife, vegetable peeler or mandolin, shave the fennel into thin slices.
- Place the fennel on a serving platter, add the artichoke hearts and peeled broad beans. Sprinkle with dill.
- In a small bowl, mix honey and the extra virgin avocado oil to make the dressing. Taste and season with salt and freshly ground black pepper.
- Pour dressing all over the salad. Toss well. Arrange cooked crab cakes and top with the shaved parmesan.