Crumbed Fish & Prawn Skewers Recipe
These fish nugget and prawn kebabs are a smash hit at any kids party! Easy to eat, picked up without actually touching the food. Serve with a colourful salad for a healthy balanced meal. I know the parents cannot resist pinching them too!
For the skewers
- 1 packet fish nuggets
- 1 cup large raw tiger prawns, shelled, tail left on, deveined
- Extra Virgin Avocado Oil
- Sea salt
- 1 medium courgette, ribboned
For the salad
- 1 avocado
- 1 box cherry tomatoes
- A handful sweet basil leaves
- A handful parsley, chopped roughly
For the dressing
- 1 tbsp Manuka Honey
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 2 tbsp Extra Virgin Avocado Oil
- Heat oven to 200C fan grill
- Defrost the fish nuggets and the prawns. Chop the nuggets in half.
- Build the skewers by layering nuggets, prawns and courgette ribbons. Place on a tray, sprinkle with salt and extra virgin avocado oil. Grill for 15-20 minutes until golden - turning half way through.
- In a small bowl, mix honey, lemon juice, extra virgin avocado oil and salt.
- In a salad bowl mix together the tomatoes, avocado, basil, parsley and dressing.
- Arrange the skewers on a large serving platter with the salad and serve with a pot of mayonnaise.