Life Changing Loaf With Hemp Hearts Recipe
This recipe is inspired by My New Roots though we’ve made our own delicious changes. We’ve added in hemp hearts and hemp protein powder to make this even healthier (who would’ve thought that was possible!) and to keep you full for longer. Once you try this dairy-free and gluten-friendly loaf toasted your life may be forever changed…
- 1 1/4 cup sunflower seeds
- 3/4 cup flax seeds
- ½ cup brazil nuts, roughly chopped
- 3/4 cup hemp hearts
- 1/4 cup hemp protein powder
- 2 tbsp chia seeds
- 4 tbsp psyllium husk
- 1 tsp sea salt
- 1 tbsp manuka honey, melted
- 3 tbsp extra virgin coconut oil, melted
- 1 ½ cups hot water
To Serve (Optional)
- Avocado, sliced
- Hemp seed oil
- Sea salt, to taste
- Mix all the dry ingredients together in a bowl.
- Add the honey, coconut oil and hot water to the dry ingredients. Mix well.
- Line a bread tin with greased baking paper. Pour the seeded mixture in and leave for 2 hours (or overnight) – it should thicken in this time.
- Preheat oven to 175C.
- Bake the loaf for 40 minutes. Turn out of bread tin onto a rack. The bread is done when it sounds hollow when tapped.
- Let cool completely. Slice and serve the loaf with avocado, a drizzle of hemp seed oil and a pinch of sea salt.