Rocket, Pear, Walnut, & Blue Cheese Salad
Crunchy pears provide the best texture for this salad. You could also add some crispy bacon if you like.
- 2 tsp Airborne Honey's manuka & wildflower honey
- ⅓ cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tbsp white wine vinegar
- 2 pears
- 3 cups baby rocket leaves
- 100 g blue cheese
- ¾ cup walnuts lighted toasted
- ½ pack free-range streaky bacon optional
- Fry off the streaky bacon until crispy & golden in a non-stick fry pan.
- Mix honey, extra-virgin olive oil and white wine vinegar together in a small bowl.
- Remove cores from the pears and slice thinly, leaving skin on. Place pears in a bowl and pour over the dressing.
- Combine rocket leaves, crumbled blue cheese and walnuts on a serving platter.
- Chop the bacon and add to the salad.
- Scatter salad with ripe pears, drizzle over extra dressing and serve.